Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Vintage + Antique = Vintique Charm


If you've lived in Claremore for any length of time, you've surely noticed the resurgence of the downtown area with its antique stores, boutiques, restaurants, and other wonderful shops. One of the best of the best in the downtown landscape is Vintique Charm.


Within the walls of this boutique, you will find a selection of hand-painted, repurposed furniture, home decor, Annie Sloan paints, darling clothing, and much, much more. It's a paradise for the discerning shopper. Every time I go in to look, I come out holding a sack full of bargains!

But to truly tell you what an amazing place it is, I have to tell you a story about the Holiday Boutique two years ago. It was Thursday morning and all of the vendors were bringing in their wares. We'd contracted with someone to bring in hand-painted furniture and she'd requested a higher-profile booth near the front entrance. At about noon, I noticed that I still hadn't seen her come in and her booth was completely empty. I tried calling her cell phone and it was disconnected.

I still fight to find the words to adequately describe the sheer panic of that moment. I began frantically going back through my notes looking for someone who could fill the space. At 1:05, I got Sheila Gianelli, proprietress of Vintique Charm on the phone.


At that time, Sheila's husband was deployed and she had just opened a shop in Owasso. She was quiet for a very long time after I made my bold request. I just knew I was sunk!

But Sheila, even though she had the weight of the world on her shoulders...told me YES, she would come. An hour later, we helped her unload her trailer and she set up the CUTEST booth in the place, even though she admitted to me that it wasn't the way she liked to have her booth set up. You could have fooled me...it was the best booth in the place! And she nearly sold out...


This is just another reason I love Claremore and the people who inhabit it. The can-do spirit is alive and well and neighbors help neighbors.

I've been a fan ever since. I know you will love every inch of Vintique Charm's booth this year at the Holiday Boutique. Sheila pours herself into displaying quality products and her commitment to helping her customers select the perfect gift is unmatched.


Tomorrow's the big day! VIP Shopping Event from 5 to 8 p.m. at the RSU Centennial Center. You don't want to miss it. Need a ticket? They're just $25. Call Angela at (918) 637-4129 to get yours.

Can't come tomorrow night? No worries. General Admission begins at noon on Friday and continues until 8 p.m. Saturday, November 14th, we'll be open again from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Please come out and SHOP UNITED! This is the place to get all your shopping done for Christmas, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment