Monday, October 12, 2015

Momma Used To Say I'd Look Good In a Gunny Sack...


My mother used to have all sorts of ideas about fashion when I was growing up. At the time, if it wasn't a jean jacket, a mini skirt, or a pair of Chuck Taylor's, I wasn't interested. Once, she told me - No matter, you'd look good in a gunny sack.

I suppose that's one of the reasons why I like the name of one of Claremore's newest downtown boutiques, The Burlap Closet. What a cute store!


I'm in love with this cute navy blue polka-dot hoodie - perfect for fall gatherings where it's hot in the afternoon and cool in the evening.


What girl wouldn't want to wear a pair of these fringed high-heeled booties - again, perfect for fall!


This selection of embellished headbands just beg for a Gatsby-styled hairdo - or even a casual tailgate on a game-day Saturday.


These tassel bracelets make me smile - one in each color, please!!


There's something for everyone at The Burlap Closet in downtown Claremore - whether or not you'd look good in a gunny sack! This boutique will also be a part of the 2015 United Way of Rogers and Mayes County Holiday Boutique November 12-14, 2015.

Tickets are on sale now - $25 for the VIP Shopping Event Thursday, November 12th or $5 for General Admission tickets November 13 and 14th at the RSU Centennial Ballroom. Call (918) 343-1165 to get your tickets today!

No comments:

Post a Comment