Tuesday, September 15, 2015

They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehab and I Said, "No, No, No"


Image Rehab is a precious little shop in Catoosa tucked into the side of a salon. It's been a staple of the Holiday Boutique from the very beginning. 

I'll never forget the first Holiday Boutique I attended. I'd brought along my girlfriend, Julie, and as soon as we hit the doors, we divided and conquered. She went one way, I went the other.

I was sampling some lovely wassail at a local drugstore's booth when I felt a hand on my arm.

It was Julie. "You have to come with me...NOW."

"But, I'm having a Zen moment with this wassail," I said. "Surely this can wait."

"No. Come now."

Only one of three things could have caused my friend to interrupt my cinnamon-and-nutmeg-induced coma: (1) a pillar of our community had shown up in a Hillbilly Harlot getup; (2) flames were licking out of the top of the building; or (3) there was a 75% off sale somewhere in the vicinity.

She led me to this lady...


This is Linda Lewis, the proprietress of Image Rehab. And, her booth was (and ALWAYS is) to-die-for! Julie foisted two shirts in my direction. "Ohmygosh! These are just $15 dollars. We both have to get one."

Indeed, the shirts were fabulous and silly girls that we are, we purchased matching ones. But this booth - it was amazing. It was a treasure trove of clothing, purses, scarves, and jewelry galore. I couldn't stop looking at all there was to see.


Things like this amazing outfit, which Linda so effortlessly helps her customers put together in mere seconds. She has such a fabulous eye for what looks good on which people. I'm loving this long tunic over these beautiful blue leggings.


The past several years, Linda has brought along her amazingly talented sister, Cindy, who makes the most amazing things like these old-fashioned coin purse necklaces, perfect for the shopper on the go. Seriously, in addition to being a statement piece, it's useful. You can stick some cash, your license, a lipstick, and an emergency cigarette and lighter down inside this purse and be good for the day. Brilliant!


And the jewelry...well, it's amazing. I regularly knock out most of my girlfriend's Christmas gifts in the Image Rehab booth at the Holiday Boutique. This beautiful necklace is engraved with a familiar Irish blessing: "May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall softly on your fields."

Something tells me that Amy Winehouse would have loved this rehab equally as much as I do.

Ladies, if you're feeling like you need a little "retail therapy," then the 2015 Holiday Boutique is the place you need to be. Mark your calendars: November 12, 13, and 14, 2015 at the RSU Centennial Center. There are just a few booths left if you're a vendor. If you're lucky, you'll get to reside next to Linda and Cindy for three days. You'll thank us later!

Call the United Way of Rogers and Mayes County for more details on booth space and tickets: (918) 343-1165.

No comments:

Post a Comment